American Lit. (2,4,6)
Work collected last week:
- No written work was collected; however, if you had a part in Act I, you were earning points every time you acted for your Crucible Acting Assessment.
Important dates for this week:
- Folders collected Wed. (assignments #12-16 checked for 300 cw points)
- Weekly Quiz #5 on Friday 10/31
- Reading Logs or alternative assignment due in notebook (
1. We updated our Table of Contents by adding: 12. Reading Log #8 (pages 211-245) 13. Reading Log #9 (246-280) 14. Crucible Vocabulary handout (front and back) from last week 15. Weekly Quiz #4 (you received this back from the sub on Thur.)
2. Next, we read to almost the end of Act I.
HW: Read your independent novel; review vocabulary from last week for Thursday’s quiz.
Tues. 10/28 2nd period only – Review Vocabulary for this week’s quiz
All periods: 1. Finish Act I
2. Act I questions – finish questions from Thursday and complete rest of questions for Act I. If you don’t get finished in class, take it home and finish. (Questions are #16 in your folder)
3. Independent Reading Log Options handout
HW: Read independent novel; study vocabulary words; finish Act I questions if you didn’t finish in class.
Wed. 10/29 – Folders collected #12-16 checked (300 CW pts.); Watch Act I in class; Handout for Act I film completed while watching film. 3. Add #17 to Table of Contents: Crucible Film handout
Hw: Read independent novel; review Crucible Act I for quiz on Friday; review vocabulary for quiz on Friday.
Thur. 10/30 – Late folders collected (-10 pts per day) 1. Review for quiz: study vocabulary from handout; character list for play to be familiar with the following character names: Hale, Proctor, Elizabeth Proctor, Ann/Thomas Putnam; Ruth Putnam; Mary Warren; Abigail; Betty; Rev. Parris; Mercy Lewis; Susanna; Tituba; Rebecca Nurse; Giles Corey. Know content and plot of Act I and pages __________to ______________read today in Act II.
2. Read pages 1267 to________________ in Act II.
Hw: Review for quiz; bring independent novels to class tomorrow
Fri. 10/31 Weekly Quiz #5 (see study guide under Thursday’s hw
- Independent Reading (6th period – read silently for 25 minutes or this will be removed this semester from your schedule and you will have to do this entirely on your own outside of class).
- Put reading log or alternative assessment for this week’s 30 pages (281-316) in folder.
HW: Read your independent Novel
Have a safe and fun Halloweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!