- We reviewed your assignment from Friday — #1 in your Table of Contents – Romanticism pre-reading activity
- Then, we read pages 240-241 – background to Washington Irving
- Then, we read the intro. to “The Devil and Tom Walker” on page 242 and a couple of paragraphs of the short story
Tues. 12/9 – Special Guest Speaker RHS’ Ms. Thomas. Topic: The Importance of Reading in h.s. and post-high school life
- Handout: “The Devil and Tom Walker Questions” — #2 in your Table of Contents – this is to be filled out when we read aloud in class.
- Read pages 242-246
- Work with your group, complete questions #1-15
HW: If you are not finished up to question #15, finish it for hw and have it with you tomorrow.
· Read “The Devil and Tom Walker” pages 247-252
· Complete questions #16-30
HW: Finish questions #16-30; quiz tomorrow on “The Devil and Tom Walker”
· Handout: Study Guide for Final Exam
· “The Devil and Tom Walker” Quiz
· Complete 57-58 in your selection support book on “The Devil and Tom Walker” after quiz.
Changes next semester (In Jan.) – We are going to start each day by reading 10 minutes in your independent novel. You WILL NEED TO BRING it with you everyday. I also need you to make sure you have your warm-up notebook (or a new one!) with you everyday.